INVESTPennsylvania Equity Conference returns to Pittsburgh May 29
PITTSBURGH, Pa. (February 25, 2014) – An equity conference that brings together Pennsylvania public company executives with key money managers, analysts and institutional investors will take place in Pittsburgh on May 29 at the David L. Lawrence Convention Center.
The 2014 INVESTPennsylvania Equity Conference will be Pittsburgh’s second. Its successful debut in December 2012 featured 15 companies, including US Steel, EQT Corporation and Hershey. The conference – which takes place in partnership with the CFA Society of Pittsburgh – provides a day-long forum for senior management to give formal group presentations and meet one-on-one with individuals to discuss company performance, game-changing innovations and growth plans.
“Shareholders and potential investors can hear the value proposition from these companies, whatever their market size or industry sector,” said Terry McWilliams, who is chairman of the Pennsylvania event and of INVEST conferences in Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee and Kentucky, and president of Mozaic Investor Relations, Inc.
“The conference was valuable to us because it provided an opportunity to renew acquaintances in the investment community and tell our unique business story,” said Gail A. Gerono, Vice President, Investor Relations and Communications at Calgon Carbon Corporation, which presented at the inaugural event.
Members of the professional investment community can attend as conference guests of the conference.
A steering committee of investment and business leaders from the region oversees the planning and execution of the conference. Several members of the steering committee have been working for several years to establish such a conference to Pittsburgh.
Bill Flanagan, Executive Vice President – Corporate Relations, Allegheny Conference on Community Development, said the conference “showcases Pittsburgh’s strength as a corporate center, home to more than 100 multi-billion dollar global companies that are headquartered here or base a significant global business here, along with an array of growing businesses based on energy, banking, manufacturing, IT and healthcare.” Flanagan was the staff lead for The Pittsburgh G-20 Partnership in 2009.
The INVESTPA audience includes analysts, institutional investors, pension funds, wealth managers, and other money managers, including chartered financial analyst (CFA) members and candidates.
In addition to McWilliams and Flanagan, members of the steering committee include:
- Stuart B. Strasner, CFA Society of Pittsburgh Director and Senior Investment Advisor, Vice President, PNC Wealth Management
- Malcolm Polley, Past President, CFA Society of Pittsburgh; Executive Vice President & Managing Director, S&T Wealth Management, and President and Chief Investment Officer, Stewart Capital Advisors LLC
- Jennifer R. Minter, Shareholder, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, and Kerstin Schuler, Vice President, Business Development, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC
- Todd Douds, Senior Vice President, Fort Pitt Capital Group
- Patrick Kane, President, Pittsburgh Chapter of the National Investor Relations Institute, and Director, Investor Relations, EQT Corporation
- Kelly Szejko, President, National Association of Corporate Directors – Three Rivers Chapter
- Bill Adams, Vice President, The Economic Club of Pittsburgh, Assistant Vice President and Senior International Economist, The PNC Financial Services Group.
- Roy Granato, Regional Manager, Curran & Connors, Inc.
- Jill Connor, Regional Vice President, Business Wire
- Dorothy Martin, CEO, Optimum Companies
- Financial Executives International-Pittsburgh Chapter
The steering committee also includes representatives of the presenting public companies and the event’s key underwriters:
- Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC, a nationally recognized full-service law firm that provides integrated legal services and advises public companies on corporate governance, complex capital market transactions and regulatory compliance matters.
- Fort Pitt Capital Group Inc., a privately owned Pittsburgh-based investment manager that serves high net-worth individuals, manages accounts for investment companies, pension and profit sharing plans, charitable organizations, corporations, and state or municipal government entities.
- Business Wire, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is the global leader in press release distribution and regulatory disclosure. IR, PR, public policy and marketing professionals rely on Business Wire to accurately distribute market-moving news and multimedia, host online newsrooms and IR websites, build content marketing platforms, generate social engagements and provide audience analysis.
Early registration is available for members of the investment community. To receive an advance conference registration code, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name, title and organization.
In addition to formal presentations and individual meetings, the conference features keynote speakers who provide analysis on economic and investment topics. For the latest information about the conference, sponsors, participating companies and attendance requirements, visit the website at www.invest-pa.com.