INDIANAPOLIS – Set for Tuesday, Sept. 23, 2014, at The Conrad Indianapolis, the INVESTIndiana Equity Conference will bring together Indiana public company executives with professional investors and analysts interested in evaluating investment prospects. Mozaic leads the planning for INVEST events in Indiana, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Ohio.
The biennial INVESTIndiana Equity Conference debuted in 2008 and has featured Indiana corporate names such as WellPoint, Old National Bancorp and Eli Lilly.
Through formal presentations and individual meetings, the day-long conference provides professional investors and analysts the opportunity to learn about the performance and growth plans of Indiana companies representing a variety of industry sectors and market capitalizations. Past conferences have attracted audiences of roughly 250 people, including representatives of pension funds, family wealth management offices, mutual funds, and professionals involved in equity selection and purchase.
INVEST Indiana is held in partnership with the CFA Society of Indianapolis, which is a member society of the CFA Institute, an organization focused on professional development, integrity and the open exchange of information. The Indianapolis chapter of Financial Executives International (FEI), also an organizing sponsor, represents the interests of chief financial officers, controllers and senior finance executives.
“The conference offers a smorgasbord of opportunities for professionals looking to invest in Indiana companies,” said Terry McWilliams, chairman of the Indiana event and INVEST conferences in Ohio, Tennessee, Pennsylvania and Kentucky. “Attendees can see up close what makes these companies compelling.” For companies, it provides an opportunity to interact with investors and generate visibility inside and outside Indiana.
Co-chairs for the event are Jim Powers, audit partner of the public accounting and consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP, and Steve Hackman, partner at the law firm Ice Miller LLP. Both have been involved with the conference since its inception.
“Crowe Horwath LLP has been a major sponsor of INVESTIndiana since it began and I am proud to be a co-chair of this event. This conference provides Indiana’s public companies with a great opportunity to tell their stories to the investor community while showing their support of all of the incredible things the state of Indiana has to provide,” said Powers. “While Crowe is a national firm that’s globally branded, our roots are in Indiana and one of several reasons we are proud to sponsor this conference.”
“We are proud of our long relationship with the INVESTIndiana Conference and the opportunity it offers to showcase some of Indiana’s public companies who are such strong contributors to the state’s economy,” said Steve Hackman, partner at Ice Miller LLP. “We are looking forward to hearing these companies discuss their recent performance and present their future growth plans to the investing community.”
Hackman and Powers serve on a steering committee of Indiana investment professionals and business leaders who help plan and stage the conference. Its members include:
· Ryan Fuhrmann, CFA Society of Indianapolis
· Beth Taylor, President, Financial Executives International, Indianapolis chapter
· Kara Hoover and Jennifer Knecht, Partners, and Elisabeth Hessler, Marketing Executive, Crowe Horwath LLP
· Marita Clarke and Ellen Casolaro, Ice Miller LLP
· Jill Connor, Regional Vice President, Business Wire
· Michele Urban, Branch Manager, Creative Financial Staffing, Indianapolis
· Stephen Brown, Senior Vice President, Hilliard Lyons
· Tom Breiner, Hays Companies of Indiana
· Adam Dahl and Roy Granato, Regional Managers, Curran & Connors, Inc.
· Dorothy Martin, CEO, Optimum Companies
· Darren Klein, Indiana University Kelley School of Business
· Shelly Raper, Director of Business Development, Markey’s Rental & Staging
· Joy Barone, mergermarket
Company representatives also sit on the steering committee as they join the conference as presenters.
Professional investors may attend as conference guests and can reserve a spot early by emailing the conference (firstname.lastname@example.org) and requesting the required registration code. Registrants should include name, title and organization, email and telephone number. Business professionals may attend the conference for a nominal fee. (See the website for more details.)
The event’s title underwriters:
· Crowe Horwath LLP is one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. With its deep industry expertise, Crowe provides audit services to public and private companies, while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance service.
· Founded in 1910, Ice Miller LLP is an Am Law 200 Firm with a nationally recognized reputation in many of its practice areas. Ice Miller offers a broad array of capabilities in virtually all areas of legal practice including: corporate, patents and trademarks, bankruptcy, lobbying, labor and employment, litigation, employee benefits, environment, tax, trusts and estates, real estate, municipal finance and government law. With offices in Chicago; Cleveland; Columbus; DuPage County, Ill.; Indianapolis; and Washington, D.C., the Firm has more than 300 lawyers and 40 paraprofessionals.